Call now: 0203 4 11 22 33
Home Make a Claim Causes & Effects Lawyers and Solicitors Compensation Calculator Contact Us

What does 'no-win, no-fee' actually mean?

In July 1995, a change to the law allowed for the introduction of conditional fee agreements. Those schemes are commonly known as "No Win, No Fee" but that description could misleadingly imply that "No Win, No Fee" means "No Win, No Cost". Under such schemes, offered by solicitors or claims management companies, claimants may be required to pay some costs, such as disbursements, and either take out indemnity insurance OR THEN risk having to pay the other side's legal costs if they lose the case.

How do I know if I'm eligible to make a claim?

You will be eligible if you have suffered an injury - physical or psychological - which was caused by someone who should have taken more reasonable care for your safety but failed to do so - for example your local council, employer or another road user.

Can I claim if my accident happened some time ago?

If you are over 18 and your accident happened in the UK you have three years in which to lodge your compensation claim in court. If you are under 18, the three year period starts from your 18th birthday (16th birthday in Scotland). But it is better not to delay seeking advice after an accident.

Can I claim if my accident happened whilst I was abroad?

Yes, although different rules may apply. In particular, some countries allow less than three years in which to start a claim. We can offer further information about holiday accidents and accidents abroad.

If my accident happened at work and I claim against my employer, can they dismiss me?

It is not legally justifiable for your employer to dismiss you for making an accident claim. It could amount to unfair dismissal. Also, it's important to remember that your employer is required by law to take out insurance against such accidents.

How much compensation will I get for my injuries?

Compensation amounts vary a great deal because injuries affect people in different ways. Injuries are valued by making comparisons with awards in similar cases, and adjusting them as required. See our guide compensation calculator for example amounts. The amounts in this guide are only for your injuries, pain and suffering. Other losses, for example loss of earnings or out of pocket expenses, will be paid separately.

How long will my personal injury claim take?

Our specialist personal injury solicitors are well aware that it is in everyone's interest to process your claim without delay. Many lower value claims can be settled in a matter of months. Severe injury cases generally take longer. But every case is different. Your solicitor will tell you the average time for your type of case.

Paperwork; Solicitors; Courts: Will all of this not become too much to deal with?

Not when you have a good solicitor explaining things to you properly and looking after your best interests. Your solicitor should be able to do most of the necessary paperwork for you. We can also assist you in this for free at our offices: Bangors, Bangors Park, Iver Heath, Buckinghamshire, SL0 0AZ. You will have to check the details of your claim before it is put forward, but your solicitor will help you with this. And the majority of cases are settled without any need for court attendance.

Will people think less of me for making a claim?

It's important to remember that people deserve to receive compensation when they have suffered an injury due to someone else’s negligence. Health and safety regulations exist to protect you and the people you are claiming against. So there is no reason why you should suffer in silence.

How does Claim 4 Personal Injury get paid?

Claim 4 Personal Injury act as an authorised introducer for a select number of personal injury solicitors. We do not charge you for the advice we provide. However, if your claim is deemed viable, we are paid by our panel members for any successful introductions.

Regulated by the Claims Management Regulator in respect of regulated claims management activities.
No. 28738. Its registration is recorded on the website:

Legal | Useful Links | FAQs | Testimonials | News | Contact Us